CISCO Wireless Access Points
CISCO Wireless Access Points
Cisco Wireless Access Points can be deployed in a distributed or centralized network for a branch office, campus, or large enterprise. These wireless access points provide a variety of capabilities with high-performance wireless access point to meet enterprise-class requirements including:
- CleanAir Technology, for a self-healing, self-optimizing network that avoids RF interference.
- ClientLink 3.0 to improve reliability and coverage for existing clients.
- Band Select to improve 5 GHz client connections in mixed client environments.
- Video Stream, which uses multicast to improve multimedia applications.
1. Indoor Access Point
Supports the latest 802.11ac standard and provides highly secure and reliable wireless connections. Self-optimizing network avoids RF interference with Cisco CleanAir Technology it improves reliability and coverage for existing clients with Cisco ClientLink 3.0
a. Cisco Aironet 3700 Series
This is the first wireless access point with integrated 802.11ac Wave 1 radio and can support a 4×4 MIMO with three spatial streams.
- Dual-band 2.4/5 GHz integrated radios address the growing needs of BYOD and bandwidth demands.
- Modular design supports Cisco Wireless Security, Cisco 3G Small Cells and future 802.11ac Wave 2 radio.
- Updated ClientLink 3.0 boosts performance for all clients, including 802.11ac.
b. Cisco Aironet 2700 Series
The series offers the most advanced features in its class with
- High-density experience delivers superior performance in dense BYOD environments.
- Integrated 802.11ac radio supports 3×4 MIMO with three spatial streams.
- The fourth “receive” antenna provides exceptional performance compared to other 802.11ac solutions.
- Offers true beam forming for clients that support three spatial streams.
c. Cisco Aironet 1850 Series
These are ideal for small- to medium-sized networks.
- Cisco’s next generation access point supporting 802.11ac Wave 2 with 4×4 MIMO with four spatial streams.
- Supports MU-MIMO with three spatial streams for Wave 2 clients.
- Transmit beam-forming for a better client experience.
d. Cisco Aironet 1700 Series
Optimized Roaming decides proper access points as
- Migrating to 802.11ac is made easy at an attractive price.
- 802.11ac Wave 1 support provides 3×3 MIMO equalization.
- CleanAir Express provides spectrum intelligence across 20-, 40-, and 80-MHz channels.
e. Cisco Aironet 700W Series
Ideal for hospitality and education to modernize the networks
- Dual-radio, 802.11n wireless access point with 2×2 MIMO.
- Small, compact, wall-plate-mountable form factor easily installs indoors.
- Four 10/100/1000BASE-T local Ethernet ports, with one port supporting Power over Ethernet out.
2. Outdoor Access point
These access points can be deployed in a variety of demanding environments. They deliver real-time access to people, applications, and network resources, transforming downtime into productive time.
a. Cisco Aironet 1570 Series
Deployment options include access, mesh, Ethernet, fiber, and cable backhaul.
- High Density Experience (HDX) technology helps optimize performance.
- First 802.11ac outdoor access point supports 4×4 MIMO and three spatial streams.
- Cisco CleanAir technology proactively protects against interference.
- High-bandwidth video surveillance helps with cost-effective deployments.
b. Cisco Aironet 1530 Series
These function as point-to-point or point-to-multipoint Bridge.
- Compact, ruggedized 802.11n outdoor access point.
- Flexible Antenna Port technology supports dual or single-band antennas.
- Interoperates with 1520/1550 mesh deployments.
c. Cisco Aironet 1550 Series
Rugged access point for outdoor deployment with a model available for hazardous locations
- Based on 802.11n, includes 2×3 multiple input and multiple output (MIMO) with two spatial streams.
- Versatile backhaul options including Ethernet, wireless, fiber, or cable plant.
- Cisco CleanAir technology for proactive interference protection.
d. Cisco Aironet 1552S Series
Hazardous location rated access point for outdoor deployment
- Based on 802.11n, includes 2×3 MIMO with two spatial streams and integrated ISA100.11a backbone router for sensor networks.
- Designed for one-box solution for Wi-Fi client and sensors device access in industrial applications.
- Key component in the integrated solution comprising Cisco WLAN and Honeywell OneWireless architectures.
3. Cisco Meraki Cloud-Managed Indoor Access Points
These are 802.11n and 802.11ac access points ranging from value-priced to high-performance models with enterprise-grade security guest access. Allows integrated application traffic shaping to prioritize critical apps and throttles, or to block unwanted apps. Built-in wireless intrusion detection, protection services, mesh routing and Power over Ethernet support.
Models: MR18, MR26, MR32, MR34, MR66 and MR72.