Duration: 25 Days (Regular)
Mode of Training: Classroom (Instructor-Led)
Virtualization has redefined the way IT resources are consumed and services are delivered. It offers tremendous potential for growth and innovation. If you’re a business, IT professional or individual seeking to extract maximum advantage of all the possibilities Virtualization has to offer, you’ve come to the right place.
CloudAce Technologies provides Virtualization Training right from Foundation to Expert level Program. This course is designed, developed and will be delivered by experts along with CloudAce Technologies.
About Our Trainers
The training will be delivered by Expert Consultant and Trainer of CloudAce Technologies, Mr. Kartheek (who is popularly known in the Virtualization and Cloud Industry):
- He is a VCA-CLOUD, VCA-DCV, VCP5-DCV, MCITP and CCNA Certified professional.
- He has trained 5000+ technical professionals on Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and also has OpenStack and CloudStack Implementation knowledge.
- He is a member of VMware VCP club
- He carries hands on experience working Amazon web services, Rackspace, HP Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Apps and many SaaS providers.
- He has ability to install and configure VMware ESXi ,Hyper-v 2012 and CitrixXenVirtualDataCenters
- He has done more than 20 corporate trainings on Virtualization and Cloud Computing technologies
- He also provides consulting services in Design and architecting Private cloud, Public cloud and Hybrid cloud solutions to enterprise customers
- He carries 6 years of experience in Designing Compute, Storage, Backup solutions for Enterprise customers
The agenda for the course is outlined below:
- What is Virtualization?
- Why Virtualization?
- Benefits of Virtualization
- Virtualization overview in Industry
- VMware History
- Host Based and Hypervisor based Virtualization
- Other Virtualization Product in Market
- Role of VMware in Cloud Computing
VMware vSphere Hypervisor (EXSi) 5.5
- ESX/ESXi: Virtualization Platform
- ESXi Installable, ESXi Embedded, and ESX
- ESX/ESXi Architecture
- Installation of Hypervisor (ESX 4.0, ESXi4.1, ESXi5.0 , ESXi5.1 &
- Configure Management Network
- Configure DNS and Routing
- ESX/ESXi as an NTP Client
- Connecting to an ESX/ESXi Host using vSphere Client and CLI
VMware vCenter Server
- Installing vCenter Server
- vCenter Server Architecture and its components
- vCenter Server Pre-requisites for hardware and software
- vCenter Database Requirement
- vCenter Server Services
- Managing vCenter Server
- vCenter server Datastores and Networks
- Adding host to vCenter Server
- vCenter server Events, Export logs
Installation of VMware vSphere Client
- Installation of Web Client
- vCenter server virtual appliance(VCA)
- Installation of VCA
- Configuring Network, time zone and manage VCA
Virtual Machines and its modifications
- Virtual Machine concepts
- Files in VM, VM hardware like vCPU, vRAM, virtual disk, virtual network card, console
- Creating new VM, installing windows, Linux & Solaris guest OS in VM
- VMware tools and its roles
- Modifying VMs, How to add and remove virtual hardware
- Creating RDM for VM
- Managing VM’s with vApp, removing the VM from Inventory and disk
NEW in VMware 5.5
- Hardware-Accelerated 3D Graphics Support
- Guest OS Storage Reclamation
- 64-vCPU Support
- Improved CPU Virtualization
- Introducing Virtual Machine Compatibility
- Changing Virtual Machine Compatibility Level
- Configuring Standard Switches
- Configuring Virtual Machine in Port Group
- NIC Teaming in Switch
- Real time scenario in Switches
- Configuring Distributed Switches
- Migrating VM and VMKernel port from Standard switch to Distributed Switch
VMware vSphere Storage
- Using VMFS Data Store with ESX & ESXi
- Creating and Browsing VMFS and NFS Datastore
- Various Methods to increase the size of Datastore
- Deleting VMFS DataStore
- Configuration of iSCSI software adapter
- Multipathing with Fiber Channel , iSCSI Storage
- Managing Multiple Storage Paths and Load Balancing
Virtual Machine Management
- Clones and Templates
- Creating Templates and Clones for a VM
- Deploying Virtual Machine from Template and OVF Template
- Managing Virtual Machines: Creating, Managing and Remove snapshots
Various Migration Types
- Cold Migration
- Suspended Migration
- vMotion and Storage vMotion
- Enhanced vMotion
- Basics of CPU and Memory Virtualization
- Multicore Processors, Hyper threading and Load balancing
- Overview of Memory Virtualization
- Memory Reclamation Techniques Transparent Page Sharing (TPS)
- Balloon Driver Mechanism
- Memory Compression
- VMkernel Swap
- What is Resource Pool?
- Why we need Resource Pool?
- Creation of Resource Pool, its attributes and Reservations
- Virtual Machine CPU, Memory and I/O Settings A
- Admission Control for CPU and Memory
- Resource Control and Management
- How to use Perfmon tools and vCenter Server performance tab
- How to analyze data from tools using graphs
- Access control overview,
- User and groups, roles, assigning Permission
- Various Permission Scenarios
- Alarm Settings and Triggers
- conditional and event triggers
Configuring reporting, vCenter notification HA cluster Administration
- What is High Availability?
- Architecture of HA in VMware vSphere 5.5
- Master and Slave Concepts
- HA Failure Scenarios, Master Host and Slave Host Failure
- How to Configure vCenter HA? How to use HA and DRS together?
- How to Enable or Disable HA?
- Advance option in HA, Planning Resource for HA and DRS
- NIC teaming in HA, Add network in HA
- What is FT? How FT works for a VM?
- FT Do’s and Don’ts
- Enabling FT for VM?
- Managing FT for VMS
- Implementing FT for VM
- Real Time Scenarios
Distributed Resource Schedular
- What are DRS?
- How to configure DRS?
- Pre-requisites for DRS?
- What are EVC and its requirements?
- How to configure Affinity
- Non-Affinity Rules? Creation of DRS Host and Virtual Machine Groups
Update Manager Administration
- Concepts, Capabilities, Components
- Install and Configure Update Manager
- What is Data Protection?
- Why we need Data Protection?
- Backup of host configuration data and entire virtual machine
- Installation and Configuring vSphere Data Protection Advanced
- De-Duplication Store, Third party tools for Backup: VEEAM DNS using Veeam
VMware vCenter Operations Manager
- Deployment of vCops.
- Performance monitoring of all inventory objects
- Report Generation
Our Training Highlights
- Technical Support
- Interview Questions
- Sample Resumes
- Hands on Lab